COOKIES n' CREAM CAKE
Updated: Apr 11, 2018
THE ULTIMATE BIRTHDAY CAKE RECIPE! A OVER THE TOP COOKIES N' CREAM CANDY CAKE WITH A RICH CHOCOLATE DRIP, FLAVORFUL VANILLA BUTTER
CREAM AND CRUSHED OREOS WITH HERSEY CANDY BARS ON TOP. THE BEST BIRTHDAY CAKE EVER!
I saw a cake similar to this one on Pinterest one day when I was scrolling through chocolate drip cake pictures. I was intrigued and SO wanted to try my hand at it. I went to my closest grocery store, bought a giant hersey candy bar, a pack of mini chocolate bars, and oreos that I would later crush into dust like pieces.
While most of the cakes that I make take me 3 to 4 hours to create, this one was surprisingly simple to make. All I did was mix up my chocolate cake ingredients, bake in the oven for 3o minutes or so and let cool in the freezer right after coming out of the oven. One step that I find very necessary, so that my buttercream stays in place when I'm frosting my cake.
10 minutes in the freezer is all that is needed and the 4 layers of cake that I have baked are ready to frost. I mix up my famous mouth watering vanilla buttercream and smear it between each layer of cake until all layers are frosted. I wanted to kicked it up a notch by adding crushed up pieces of cookies n' cream candy on top of my buttercream in between the layers. A candy lovers treat.
A quick crumb coat around the cake, 20 minutes in the freezer and one more coating of frosting to smooth out our cake. Now we are ready to create pure magic.
Click the video above to see how I added the amazing finishing touches onto this cake.
Needless to say, this cake is a WOW FACTOR, A SHOW STOPPER at any party.
Cookies n' Cream Cake
This moist and delicious chocolate cake recipe has tons of candy for that chocolate lover in you.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons heavy cream
7 oreos (4 to stack on top of the cake and 3 to crush)
9 small hersey bars (mix of chocolate and cookies n' cream flavors)
1 giant XL size hersey bar
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray or grease 3 6' cake pans and set aside.
2. Mix all of your dry ingredients in one medium size bowl.
3. Combine all of your wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add half of the
dry ingredients to that bowl and mix with a mixture. Follow these same
instructions until all ingredients all completely mixed together.
4. Pour 1 1/2 cups of batter into each 6' cake pan and place in the oven to bake for
5. Stick a toothpick in the middle of each cake. Make sure the toothpick comes out
clean, then its ready to remove from the oven.
6. Let cool in the freezer if possible for 10 minutes. Then remove and release cakes
from pan. (If not placing in a freezer, let set at room temperature for at least
30 mins to cool)
1. Add 2 sticks of butter to a mixing bowl and mix with a mixer
2. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream and mix until creamy
3. Place frosting in between each layer of cake as you stack them on top of each
other. Smooth with a cake smoother and place in the freezer to harden for 20
4. Remove from the freezer and frost around the cake one more time. Place back
in the freezer to chill for another 20 mins.
1. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl
2. Heat heavy cream in small saucepan until boiling, then quickly turn off and pour
on top of chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 2 mins. Then
whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
3. Place in a applicator bottle and slowly squeeze chocolate around the rim of the
cake. Coat the top to fill in and place back in the freezer for another 5 mins to
harden just a bit before placing the candy on.
4. Now its candy time. It is up to you how you would like to place your chocolate
candy and oreos on the cake. Follow my picture or get creative. Its going to taste
good either way.