Blackberry Mojito Cupcake
This blackberry mojito cupcake was so good, I even had to lick the rest of the frosting that was left on my fingers off.
This is not your usual rum cake. This is a more modern twist to a Blackberry Mojito that will leave your mouth watering and wanting more. I wanted to stay as true to a mojito as I could, so I allowed mint to soak in my 7up mix with lime juice to bring out just a hint of the mint in my cake.
As for my delicious blackberry rum frosting. When I tell you the crowd went crazy, believe me! I was kind of shocked myself. The combination of blackberry puree and Dos Ron Rum was an excellent mix.
Click on the video above to see how I made these blackberry mojito cupcakes courtesy of Dos Ron Rum
This moist 7up cake is a fabulous twist to a blackberry mojito drink.
For the cake:
3/4 cup 7-up
1 bundle of mint leaves
1/2 lime (juice only)
1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teas. salt
1/3 cup oil
For the frosting:
2 sticks butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup blackberry puree
2 tablespoons Dos Ron Rum
1. For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cupcake pans with liners.
2. Pour your 7-up and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Then add your mint leaves. Let soak in the mixer for up to 10 mins. After 10 mins. remove mint leaves from liquid and discard.
3. In the same mixing bowl as the 7-up mixture, add all of your cake ingredients together. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
3. Using a small ice cream scooper (if you have one), scoop 2 scoops into each cupcake wrapper.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before icing.
5. For the frosting: Place room temp. butter into a mixing bowl. Mix well until creamy.
6. Take your blackberries and place them into a blender. Blend on smoothie mode. Then pour on top of your creamed butter.
7. Add your powdered sugar and rum, then mix with your mixer until creamy but some what firm. If mixture is to runny, add a little more powdered sugar until it is how you would like it to be.
8. Spread on top of your cupcakes and enjoy!
Enjoy a glass of Dos Ron Rum with it as well because, WHY NOT?